Sunday 25 August 2013

Back to School Essentials: Part 1

I'm hopefully going to post my favourites post at the end of August so it will be a summer favourites. First though here is a post in preparation for going back to school. 

This is part 1 of my essentials which is mainly stationary type things and part 2 will be up soon and will be beauty and generally useful things.

Before I start, I'm just going into Year 12 (the first year of sixth form) and I am doing four subjects, psychology, drama, history and further maths. So that's what all these essentials are for mainly but you could adapt them to whatever you are doing.

The first essential is a pencil case. This is a really obvious one but also a really important one. My pencil case is a Disney princess one which a friend bought me for my birthday because I love Disney princesses.

In my pencil case I have a few more essentials, I have ruler, a multi-coloured pen, two black biros, two pencils, a rubber, a pencil sharpener, some paperclips and some mini highlighters. Most of these things are basic stationary apart from the multi-coloured pen and highlighters which I find useful for making important notes or emphasising information.

The next essential is a spiral notebook. This is just for taking notes in class because I know most of my classes don't give us exercise books however if you do get exercise books then you can use those and use a notebook for homework. Mine has a seaside pattern on the front because I think plain notebooks are a bit dull.

My next essential is ring binders. I have four of these, one for each subject, to keep everything in like notes, homework and hand-outs. Ring binders are great for keeping things organised. I chose ones with different fun designs on so I can tell which binder is for which subject easily.

Another great essential for staying organised is a diary or planner. The best ones to get are academic or mid-year diaries because they start and end in august. Its great to have some sort of diary or planner so that you can write down exam dates or homework deadlines and keep your life organised. Mine also has a timetable page at the front so that I can write down when my lessons are.

My final essential is a scientific calculator. Obviously this is only for people who are doing a maths subject like I am. Mine is a bright pink one which I've had for two years.
Also, you will need some sort of bag to put all of these stuff in. The best ones to get are ones with pockets or sections to help organise everything. You also want one that is quite big to fit all your stuff in but not too big because you've got to carry it around with you. I still need to buy mine but I love backpacks like this one from New Look.
Image 1 of New Look Blue Floral Backpack
Lastly, a few other nice things to have are: flash cards to help you learn important dates or terms, hole reinforcements to stop pages ripping and falling out your binders, dividers and wallets to seperate your work an keep it neat and a USB stick to back up your files and make it easier to transfer files from home to school.
 
Toodles! x

No comments:

Post a Comment